Saturday, August 22, 2009

Camping

So a couple weekends ago we decided to go camping with our friends Megan and Kendall! For Nik and I it would be our second time camping since we got married! In fact, we had to go to walmart and buy a tent and little foam pads! =) Luckily Nik's mom gave us sleeping bags for Christmas a couple years ago so we pulled those out and used them for the first time! =) We both like camping we just haven't done it! But that will change because we had a really great time! Thanks Megan for inviting us!

Ian had a really great time! He loved playing in the dirt, throwing rocks, finding little sticks...he just loved it!
Not to far from the campground there was a "lake" but it was more like a pond! But still... for Arizona I was impressed! The weather was fabulous... 80's during the day and 50's a night! Good thing I packed warm clothes just in case!


This is our tent and then Megan and Kendall's!

Miranda did really good too! She slept better than usual because I was sleeping right next to her all night! She is getting so fun!


When we woke up the first thing Ian said was "fun camping"... so we are pretty sure we will go again! He loved every minute of it! Nik and I didn't get any sleep, but it was still really fun!
When we were taking the tent down and getting everything packed up Ian really wanted to help! So I let him carry this foam pad to the car... he is such a stud!


The place was really pretty and suprisingly green! It was very refreshing to see water! =)



The boys playing bocce ball ... Ian liked that too!

Ok, this is that bathroom at the campground. I took this picture because when we got up there I really needed to go to the bathroom (those of you who know me know that this is a frequent occasion (= ) anyways I went to use the bathroom and there was a KILLER WASP guarding the door. Not just sitting there, but when I went up to the door it came at me and as I backed up it charged me... it was seriously ferociously guarding the door. It was so scary, I have never seen any kind of wasp or bee act that aggressive before!!!!! Luckily there was a guy not too far away with some spray! I was so worried I would have to go in the bushes instead of the outhouse, but when I finally was able to go in there it was sooooo stinky I ended up using the bushes the rest of the time anyways! Talk about roughing it! =)


This was a big bug Kendall found... Ian thought it was pretty cool! I thought it was big and gross! =)

Well we had a really good time and are definately looking forward to doing it again!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Sounds fun....it is such a good memory for the kids.

Our family of four said...

Yay! Your back online! I am glad your there safe and settled in. I can't wait to see pictures of your new place.
It looks like a fun camping trip. We were supposed to go camping a few weeks ago but the Jeep was broken. We actually just bought a new truck this past weekend because things just keep breaking on the Jeep. I really hope we can sell it.
We miss you! I'm so glad we can keep in thouch through our blogs!

Chelsie said...

so much fun. you're good to rough it...i require a flushing toilet when i camp...haha. i love the pic of ian carrying the pad over his head...he is a stud

Ryan and Heidi said...

K first of all when I read your comment on my blog I cried cause I miss you too! But I'm glad you are having fun and enjoying yourselves in AZ! And I can't believe how different Miranda is looking! She is getting so big. And Boston totally misses you and Ian, he asks for you guys all the time! Love you!