So at the request of my friend Lindsey I wanted to share with you what my world is like here in Arizona!

At the park by our house (huge fabulous park) Ian LOVES to swing... seriously he would swing for hours if I would push him that long! My arms get tired though so I have to make other things sound really fun or bribe him with a treat or something to get him to be done!

He is kind of scared to go down slides by himself, but he is getting better! Today we went and he went down really big slides by himself! So this park by our house (about 2 miles away) has this humungous playground! It has places for all ages and includes at least 8 slides in various shapes, heights and colors and has many entrances and exits besides the slides. It is really fun and Ian is getting good at playing without me helping him!

We live kind of by Luke Air Force Base and so we get the jets flying over us all the time! Ian loves it and we are used to the noise now... every once in a while it will be really close to us and Ian will run to me because he is scared, but for the most part... not too loud. We don't mind it at all!

Also at the park by our house is this "Lake." More like a pond, but to us Arizonians it is a LAKE! You can go fishing, or they have a sidewalk all the way around, and there are lots of geese and ducks!

These are the stairs that go up to our apartment! =) I love being on the top floor (although kind of a pain when I am carrying groceries) and we live right behind a grocer store so it is quiet most of the time! I think the thing that I don't like the most is in the early mornings we get big trucks bringing food to the grocery store and when they back up the go BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP really loud, and then they open their doors and that is pretty loud too. I think it is bugging me lately because we have been leaving our windows open at night and so it is much louder.

These are the palm trees I see every day when leaving my apartment! I love palm trees and there are quite a few down here. They don't grow natively here, but lots of people plant them!

This is my pool!!! We love this pool! I think we swam every day for three months when we first came down here! Now we don't swim as much, but it is heated so we are still swimming sometimes!

This is desert landscaping! It is not so beautiful, but it will do! The grass down here is wierd and about this time every year you have to plant winter grass. The summer grass grows back on its own, but the winter grass you have to replant. I think everyone pretty much just does seed and fertilizer, but I still think it is a pain! And it is not soft like Utah grass.

This is the wierd looking duck that lives at the park. Ian's friend Luke calls it the cock-a-doo duck! Ian loves to feed the ducks, however, the geese can get pretty nasty! It even scares me sometimes... they are as tall as Ian... they could peck his eye out or something!
Well that is my world at a glance! Hope you enjoyed the tour!
6 comments:
Looks like a fun place to live. Fun and exciting. Lots of fun stuff for the kids to do too
O thank you. I loved seeing and hearing about all of that. It looks really nice down there. Now I can at least picture what it's like where you live. We still miss you guys. Ian and Miranda are changing so much and are still so adorable! I still have the 20th marked on my calendar and am looking forward to it. Tell Nick congratulations for me on his white coat ceremony. That is neat.
When we went back to UT this past summer the first thing we did was lay on the grass! I think Jordan almost kissed it he missed it that much! I saved my kissing for Cafe Rio :)
FUN! I love that pool. Im glad Linds made you post this I wanted to see to. Cant wait for you to come visit!
Looks like you cute family is doing well. your kids are so cute, can't get enough of them!
and I love palm trees too, I will definitely miss them!
Oh it makes me want to move there with you cause it's so dang cold down here! It snowed today! That pool looks awesome! Love you!
Post a Comment