For the past couple of weeks I have been thinking a lot about self-reliance and food storage and knowing how to do some of those things like sewing, canning, baking (and I mean really baking like from scratch), building things... really just being SELF-RELIANT!!
To start I decided I wanted to start making my own homemade wheat bread!! I have never made bread before (I have mad rolls from scratch, but that is it!) and I really wanted to learn! My mom makes the best Wheat bread and it is so healthy and wholesome and it is just good!! It took some preparation, but after I bought the bread pans, found a good recipe and made sure to get all the right ingredients I was ready. Sunday morning I made my first batch of Wheat Bread!! =) I was so excited the whole time I was making it because it just felt good to be trying something new and getting myself one step closer to being self-reliant!! It was actually a lot easier than I had expected and it turned out really yummy!!!
And pretty too!! =)
I think I will keep looking at new recipes or tweaking the one I have to get the perfect recipe for us, but I felt very accomplished!! My kids loved it and I loved the feeling I had knowing that I had made it!
5 comments:
Good job, that looks yummy! If you freeze it, it's best to wrap it in saran wrap and then put it in a big Ziploc bag. Then no freezer burn!
I love the smell of fresh baked bread...nothing better to fill up your house.
Your awesome!
Yummy! I have a recipe for you to try:) It's my favorite bread recipe. I haven't made the wheat version of it myself, but i've eaten it and it is delish! I'll email it to you:)
I want this recipe please!!! Dal.pass@gmail.com. I mean I'd your willing!
Post a Comment