So despite my BEST efforts I didn't go into active labor on my own... and I made it to my induction date! I was scheduled to go in on Wednesday (3/2/11) night and was told they would call me sometime between 9:00pm and midnight... well I tried to get some sleep, but between Miranda being sick and my nerves... I didn't get much. Around 3:30am I called the hospital because they hadn't called me yet and they said it would be a couple more hours. Then they finally called me at 5:00am and told me to be there at 6:00am!
YEAH!!!!
Just waiting!
Instead of starting me right on ptocin they started me with a gel inserted into my cervix. It worked like a dream! I was having contractions 2 min. apart! After an hour of laying down I was able to get up and walk around! At 11:30am I got my epidural and boy was I glad about that!!!! What a relief! I am happy to say that I know what real contractions feel like and I'm also pretty sure I never want to feel them again! A little after noon the Doctor broke my water. Then the nurse started me on ptocin! An hour and a half later I was complete!
The nurse started getting things ready and she was going to have me do some practice pushes before the doctor got there. She lifted up my legs and then put them back down and said we weren't going to do any practice pushes because she was so close to coming out! Then I was laughing about something and she told me to stop laughing or I'd "laugh the baby out!" I didn't realize how serious she was until the doctor got there and one contractions later I had delivered the baby! It all went so smoothly and seemed so easy!! By far my easiest delivery EVER!! =) Hopefully that means it will be my easiest recovery too! Nik was great and got to cut the cord! Oh speaking of the cord... it was wrapped all around Kamryn. It was around her neck and arm and hand and body, but it wasn't choking her...thank goodness!
Kamryn Ela Spendlove was born at 1:55pm. She weighed 7 lb 2 oz and was 20 in long! She has a lot of really light hair and looks so much like my other kids did! She is so very sweet and I love just holding her and smelling her and watching her!
Proud daddy! I love these daddy moments!
My fabulous nurse!! I couldn't have asked for a better nurse!
We are so lucky to have such great kids! I love all three of them so much!
While I've been in the hospital Ian and Miranda have been home with my mom! She has been so great and has been taking such good care of them!
Poor Miranda is still so sick! Nik took her back to the doctor today and we found out she has pneumonia. =( I'm glad to know and glad to have her on antibiotics! I'm pretty nervous about taking Kamryn home tomorrow because I don't want her to get sick. She is so tiny and so new and I'm sure it would be a lot worse for her! I think I will just hang out in my room with her and not let the kids in!
My mom was also able to come up to the Hospital and spend some time with Kamryn and I! It is great having her help and having her here! It has also been wonderful having Nik home (Spring Break) and we will be so sad to send him back to school on Monday!
Thanks to EVERYONE for your love and support and prayers!! I am overwhelmed with all the blessings in my life right now and I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father! What a beautiful Angel he sent to me! And what a wonderful family I have!!
17 comments:
She is adorable! And your labor sounded like a walk in the park! I'm glad you didn't have a long labor. I think there is nothing worse than getting to the hospital to have a baby and having a super long labor! Well, she is so so so cute! Can't wait to meet her.
Congratulations!!!! Way to go girl! You rocked this delivery! And Kamryn is just as darling as ever!
Congratulations! Shauna she is absolutely beautiful. We are so happy for you!
Congrats!!! Beautiful baby!
Congrats, Shauna! She is beautiful! I love the name Kamryn, so cute. Hope you are feeling well :)
She really is beautiful. I am so sorry about Miranda! Poor baby girl. Call if you guys need anything! You are amazing!
Shauna she is gorgeous. I am glad your delivery went so well. I have to tell you that you look as gorgeous as ever in your pictures. I'm so jealous! I hope Miranda gets better soon. Congrats again!
congratulations! glad everything went so smooth especially with another sick baby. Wishing you and Miranda a speedy recovery.
She is so beautiful! I am so happy for you guys and your new little addition. You are such a great mom and three is going to be nothing but bliss for you! Congratulations.
That is so exciting! She is a cutie and does look a lot like your other two! haha We are so excited for you and your family!! Congratulations!! I am glad that your labor went so well. I would have had a hard time not laughing after the nurse said not to laugh because it might push the baby out!haha Glad that your new little addition is going well. Hope Miranda gets better soon! Congrats again and I can't wait to meet her sometime!! :-)
So great!!! she is darling!! I am so happy for you guys!!
She is so adorable! I can't wait to come see her!! Let me know if you or your mom need any help with the other kids.
ok 1st off
- i don't think i have ever seen anyone look so good in labor pictures..... aren't you suppose to be swollen red eyed and fat???
well you look so amazing!
Nik is one lucky man....
- hope miranda is feeling better.
- love the name Kamryn Ela so so so Cute!
- and last but not least you deserve everything blessing you are recieving because you are doing an amazing job as a mom/wife!
Congrats!
Glad it went well. So glad your mom got to be there to help you. Hope you get used to (as my sister in law puts it) going from man to man defense to a zone defense (going from two to three kids). Three is fun though. Hope Miranda gets feeling better. Wish you guys were closer so we could help out and I could hold that sweet baby!!!! Kylie misses Ian and talks about playing with him over Christmas still. Congrats again to you and Nik. You are such cute/fun parents. We miss you tons!
She is so pretty!! Congrats! And thanks for the email of pics. =) Love ya!
Shauna we are so happy for you. I am so glad you had such a positive experience, it seems as if it really couldn't have gone much better! You deserve that! She is absolutely beautiful and we can't wait to give her some little Cook kisses. Love you!
Congratulations Shauna! She is absolutely the most beautiful baby girl ever! You have so much to be proud of!
~Nicole Ahles
Post a Comment